The pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23) is a vaccine that protects against infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria, also known as pneumococcus. The vaccine contains 23 different strains of the bacteria, which are responsible for most cases of pneumococcal disease. The PPSV23 vaccine is recommended for adults aged 65 and older, as well as for younger adults who have certain medical conditions that put them at increased risk of pneumococcal disease, such as chronic heart, lung, or liver disease. It may also be recommended for people who have weakened immune systems due to cancer, HIV/AIDS, or other conditions. Pneumococcal disease can cause serious infections, such as pneumonia, meningitis, and bloodstream infections, which can be life-threatening, particularly in older adults and people with underlying medical conditions. The PPSV23 vaccine is highly effective in preventing these infections and their complications. It is an important part of routine adult immunization schedules. Subsidised Vaccinations: CHAS subsidies are available for this vaccine administered at any DA Clinic.
- After you have completed check out, you’ll receive a booking link via email to schedule your vaccination appointment at your nearest DA Clinic.
- A Doctor Anywhere (DA) staff will contact you within two working days to confirm your vaccination appointment. If you do not hear from us after two working days, please call +65 3158 4622 or email email@example.com
- After your appointment has been confirmed, please note that there will be no refunds for cancellation, nor rescheduling of appointments within 24 hours of your confirmed test date. Please refer to our Refund & Cancellation Policy here.
About the Vaccine
- This vaccination contains 1 dose. Patients should be administered with the Prevenar vaccine (PCV13) before the Pneumovax (PPSV23) vaccine not less than 12 months later.
- This vaccination is not recommended if you experienced fever symptoms 3 days prior to your appointment.
- CHAS-subsidies are available for eligible Singaporean adults at any DA Clinic, click here for details
- Note: To qualify for the subsidised rate, please present your CHAS card when you attend your appointment at the clinic. The standard rate will apply if you do not have the necessary card or fail to present it.
- Eligibility for CHAS subsidies apply:
- Valid CHAS/Pioneer/Merdeka Generation Card
- You must have never received the Pneumoccocal vaccine before
- Age and condition criteria
- Elderly aged 65 years old and above
- Adults below 65 years old with specific medical conditions or indications such as heart disease or diabetes, or low immunity (e.g. under cancer treatment, those with HIV)
- MediSave can also be used to offset the remaining cost of Pneumococcal Vaccinations for eligible Singaporeans (Citizens and Permanent Residents). Up to $500/$700 per year per account can be used to pay for pneumococcal vaccinations for those in high-risk groups as indicated above.
Find your nearest DA Clinic
DA Clinics are CHAS-accredited GP clinics. Visit any of our 9 clinics islandwide for CHAS-subsidised vaccinations and Screen for Life health screenings.
You may also like