The hepatitis B vaccine is a vaccine that protects against the hepatitis B virus, which can cause serious liver disease, including liver cancer and cirrhosis. The vaccine contains a small part of the hepatitis B virus, which triggers the immune system to produce antibodies that protect against future infections. The vaccine is given in a three-dose series. The first dose is typically given at birth, followed by a second dose at 1-2 months of age, and a third dose at 6-18 months of age. The vaccine is also recommended for adults who are at high risk of hepatitis B infection, such as healthcare workers, people with multiple sexual partners, people with chronic liver disease, and people traveling to areas with high rates of hepatitis B infection. Hepatitis B is a serious viral infection that can cause liver damage and even death. The vaccine is highly effective in preventing hepatitis B infection and its complications. It is an important part of routine childhood immunization schedules and is recommended for all infants, unless they have a medical reason for not receiving it. It is also recommended for high-risk adults. Subsidised Vaccinations: CHAS subsidies are available for this vaccine administered at any DA Clinic.
- After you have completed check out, you’ll receive a booking link via email to schedule your vaccination appointment at your nearest DA Clinic.
- A Doctor Anywhere (DA) staff will contact you within two working days to confirm your vaccination appointment. If you do not hear from us after two working days, please call +65 3158 4622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- After your appointment has been confirmed, please note that there will be no refunds for cancellation, nor rescheduling of appointments within 24 hours of your confirmed test date. Please refer to our Refund & Cancellation Policy here.
About the Vaccine
- This vaccination contains 1 dose. For complete protection against hepatitis B, please ensure that you complete all 3 vaccine doses.
- This vaccination is not recommended if you experienced fever symptoms 3 days prior to your appointment.
- CHAS-subsidies are available for eligible Singaporean adults at any DA Clinic, click here for details
- Note: To qualify for the subsidised rate, please present your CHAS card when you attend your appointment at the clinic. The standard rate will apply if you do not have the necessary card or fail to present it.
- Eligibility for CHAS subsidies apply:
- Valid CHAS/Pioneer/Merdeka Generation Card
- You must have never received the Pneumoccocal vaccine before
- Age and condition criteria
- Elderly aged 65 years old and above
- Adults below 65 years old with specific medical conditions or indications such as heart disease or diabetes, or low immunity (e.g. under cancer treatment, those with HIV)
- MediSave can also be used to offset the remaining cost of Pneumococcal Vaccinations for eligible Singaporeans (Citizens and Permanent Residents). Up to $500/$700 per year per account can be used to pay for pneumococcal vaccinations for those in high-risk groups as indicated above.
Find your nearest DA Clinic
DA Clinics are CHAS-accredited GP clinics. Visit any of our 9 clinics islandwide for CHAS-subsidised vaccinations and Screen for Life health screenings.
You may also like